Fielder House Museum
The Fielder House was built in 1914 by prominent banker James Park Fielder and wife, Mattie. Fielder was an Arlington commissioner and served on the original board of the present UTA.
This two-story brick prairie-style home was built on a 215-acre site surrounded by live oaks, orchards and gardens. This two-story house was one of the first brick homes in Arlington. Once known as "Home on the Hill," since April 20, 1980 it has been the home of the Fielder Museum, the Arlington Historical Society and the Arlington Preservation Foundation, with permanent exhibits, such as general store, barber shop and a replica steam train.